Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Fifth treatment!!

Before my fifth treatment I received a call from my genetic doctor. Her name is Katherine Hunt. She informed me that at this point in time my cancer is not genetic. Which is really good news. I was so worried for the rest of my family what the news would mean. I guess I just got the luck of the draw. I have to laugh because I guess you could if I did not have bad lucky I would not have any luck at all. But all is good. I know that Lexi is safe as well as Logan and my Nieces and Nephews.

So, my fifth treatment was yesterday. Before I went into treatment I was scared out of my mind. I was worried that I might have an allergic reaction to this type of chemo. Plus, there was a chance that I could go into anaphylactic shock. And like I said before if I did not have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. So, I was worried that I would be that one part of the group of people that does that. But everything went off with out a hitch. I went into the Mayo at 8:45 am and left at 5:30pm. I felt drained but really up beat when I left. By 10:00pm I was bouncing off the walls which is weird. They told me it was probable going to happen because of all the premeds that they gave me. So, I did not finally fall asleep until about 4:00am and woke up at 8:30am. Awake but a little tired nothing unmanageable.

Now, I am trying to get ready for Halloween and Christmas. I know Christmas is two months away but I am afraid of what the next step in my treatment might bring. I might have surgery before Christmas. If that is the case then Christmas might not happen for our family. So, I am starting now. Plus, I am in charge of the Christmas Eve party for the my side of family. They told me that I could do next year but you know I am looking forward to putting this Christmas Eve party and would not give it up for anything.

So, that is what we are up to. By the way, my sixth chemo treatment is on October the 6th. Funny huh!!!
Anyway love you all!!!!!

3 comments:

Oh, Sweet!... said...

You are amazing!!! Good luck shopping or should I say have fun shopping! Thanks for all your calls! You are wonderful!
Love, Amy

Mama Bear said...

So glad everything went well with your 5th treatment! Good luck with #6, too! I tried to call you earlier this week, but you weren't around! Hopefully you are doing okay! Call me when you feel up to it!!!!! Love you...Kayla

Christine said...

Yea! Maybe your luck is turning to good luck!:)By the way even though I told you "NO" for making a blog I tried it out...hee hee heee.
Love you, Christine