Wednesday, December 17, 2008
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa gives the kids one super cool gift not wrapped (Jared's family never wrapped presents so that was our compromise) Where the presents for mom and dad (or the cheap not so cool gifts according to Logan) are wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? The Christmas tree must have white lights on them. I think it makes the tree sparkle. On the house a mix is cool with me.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I do not. But I think maybe I should.
5. When do you put up your decorations? I put up my decorations a few days before Thanksgiving so that when our family gets back from our Flagstaff Thanksgiving Everything is ready for Christmas.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I would have to say my mothers Christmas cookies. Skip the dinner and go straight for the things we have been waiting for all year.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? There are way to many but I do have one as an adult. So, Jared and I decided to make the day of it on his day off. We would walk around the outlet malls here in Anthem and then go to Santa's house for a shot with the Jolly Old man himself. As we entered the building Logan is trying to remember everything that he wanted. Although his list was short he wanted to make sure that the colors and names were right and where Santa might be able to get them if His elves were not able to make them to his exact specifications. Lexi on the other hand is singing a song about Santa and how he says HO HO HO! Everyone thought she was a sweet little angle. LOL!! As we got closer to Santa Lexi turns to Jared and says I need a list. So Jared runs her to a little table to jot down the two things that she wants from Santa. As we get closer to it being our turn Lexi decides that Pictures with Santa are not such a good idea. Santa was very sweet and talked to Logan as it got time for Lexi , the camera people were on their toes ready for the shot. AND BOY DID WE GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is what is being said as this wonderful picture is taken Rolling his eyes he say she is always like this. Santa tells Lexi "OH it is not so bad." Lexi just sits and frown at the lady with the rubber reindeer that she keeps squeezing hoping to get the winning smile.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was about 10 I was over at a friends house and she told me. I was so upset. I would not talk to her for a week.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open gifts on Jared's side on Christmas eve or a week before so the entire family is there. On my side we open our gifts from our brother and sister.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I put on my jingle bell garland (Christmas tree alarm system) followed by the big bunches of bells that match. then I try to put on like ornaments so that none of them are too close together. Last is the tree topper.
11. What is another favorite Christmas tradition memory? Every year we get together as a family on my side for Christmas eve. Every year has a theme and an ornament. One Year we did a cowboy Christmas. I thought I would pee my pants watching my mom on a stick horse running for her life to help win the relay race.
12. Can you ice skate? I can.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? It was a baby doll that I got when I was little. She had black hair and blue eyes that opened and shut.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being together with family. I love it more than anything.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My mothers Christmas cookies all of them... well not all of them I hate hermits ( a German fruit cake cookie).
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Getting my kids pictures taken with Santa.
17. What tops your tree? A big red metal heart
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving!! I love to pick the perfect gift and then wrap it up really pretty. And watching the person then get all excited as they open it. Super cool in my book.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Carol of the bells. But I do love I'm getting nothing for Christmas by Relient K too funny.
20. Candy Canes? I like them. Just do not want so many that I feel like I am going to smell like peppermint for the next year.
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Yes, but now a days what holiday isn't.
I'm tagging Kayla and Christine.