Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sadie

So, I am cancer free. But the kids were not buying it. We promised them when I was healthy and my treatment was all over we would get a new pet. While we went through chemo and sitting in the hospital I researched dogs. I thought that I wanted us to get a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. But Jared was not so sure. So, I looked at multipoo, maltese and Cavaliers. I bought books and magazines I looked up all kinds of information I could on every breed. I decided that the Cavalier was what we were looking for. We wanted a dog that was calm that enjoyed just being with us. I wanted a dog that did not bark a lot and I also wanted a dog that enjoyed to just sit around and be with us. One day Jared and I went to go look at a breeder that had a bunch of puppies that were for sale. They were three weeks old. Jared and I thought they were okay. Sitting in a corner was a tri color Calvalier girl that was sweet and had not barked the entire time we had been in the house. The breeder told us that if we were interested that we could look at a 10 week old Cavalier that was a little girl that came from this tri. She brought out Sadie. We fell in love with her at once. We decided to get her. She never barks, she loves to just sit in our laps she has not had a single accident. She is a perfect little lady. The picture above is our little lady Sadie.

8 comments:

UnseasonablyWarm said...

She's a cutie. Do you still have your other dog too?

smartquacker said...

If you look back in my post you can see a picture of Tali or other dog what happened to her and why we got rid of her.

UnseasonablyWarm said...

I'm sorry about Tali. When we can get a bigger house, we're going to adopt a greyhound. We're down to Simon, our brown Doxie, after being 16 years old, Kramer finally passed on last Fall.

Taylor said...

good choice going for the quiet dog! when my husband's family went to look for a new dog a few years ago they picked out the one that was "cute" because she rolling around and playing and licking...such a mistake, she drives me crazy!

Lisa said...

She is adorable!!

AmberlyGreen said...

Beautiful dog. So glad to hear you're doing so well. Love and miss you.

Mama Bear said...

CUTEST DOG EVER!!!!!

It was so great to see you a few weeks ago. You look great! Hopefully we'll be back again sometime this summer...and hopefully we'll see you out here when you come to Dland!! Love ya!

Unknown said...

She is so adorable! When Casy & I get a home of our own, we want a Cavalier also. We have had our eyes on those cute dogs for a long time.