Friday, July 27, 2007

What does Disneyland and 30 have in common?

OK, so you might be asking yourself what does the two have in common. Well, I turned 30 while I was spending the week at Disneyland. It was so fun. I have never been told Happy Birthday so many times in my life. My parents were great. At night they let Jared and I go out at night and have some fun while they went to bed early. While we were there we had a ton of pictures taken. Although this was a busy trip meaning spending time with kids and enjoying my time with Jared I do not think that I would have done too much differently.
This is a picture of Jared and I on the first night that we were there. As you can tell it was taken on main street and it was about 11pm. I think I had forgotten how much fun it is to just be together and talk about grown up things and have a blast hanging out. It was nice to get reacquainted with my best friend.
This was also from the same night. It was cool to see the castle all bright and picturesque. We just had to get our picture taken. It was funny to see all these really young teenage couples getting their pictures taken in front of the castle with their Mickey Ears on their heads. Girls checking and rechecking their hair to make sure that it laid just right while the guys made sure that the ears looked good while sitting on top to the baseball cap that they refused to take off.
Lexi as one might think Lexi just loved seeing Cinderella and the other princesses. This year there was an entire area for little girls to go and visit the Princesses and make sure that they get to enjoy the look and feel of being a Princess.
Lexi made sure to tell Cinderella how much she loved her. And how beautiful she was. And that she really loved her movies.
Although Lexi was not sure about Mulan she still gave her big hugs and told her that she liked her horse. Which Jared and I had to think about but Mulan did have a horse.
At Disneyland in the watch shop on Main street you can get an Artist to paint a picture and then they will scan it and it will be placed into a watch. You also get the original painting. It is a neat thing that I have always want to get. My sister was the first one to get one. Her got a red monochromatic Pinocchio. Then my mom got a light purple Maleficent. And for my 30th Birthday I got Mickey and Minnie Kissing. Each day is a different artist. My mom and sister and I all have the same artist. His name is Dave Smith. He is and artist that illustrates children's books. His art work is amazing and he has a eye for playing with the characters and making the pop on the paper as well as the watch.
Here he is holding the painting and there I am with the lovely Happy Birthday button that I wore that day.
If you know Logan he loves trains, monorails and anything that has to do with either. So when we got the opportunity to ride many times in the front of the Monorail with Logan he was in heaven. I do have to say that ridding in the front is very different than ridding in the back with everyone else.
In California Adventure, we found Lightning McQueen and Matter. Logan loved getting his picture with them.
Logan and Matter.
I think that every child that goes to toontown must know now is my time to drive a car. Lexi hopped from car to car getting behind the wheel.
Here is Lexi and Belle. We also got to see Ariel, Aurora, Snow White, Wendy, Mickey , Minnie, Chip, dale, Daisy, Lilo, Stitch, Pluto, Aladdin and Goofy.
This picture tells it all. Lexi had a blast she got to get dressed up as Ariel in the Ariel wedding dress. She got to get a crown so she really felt like a princess and in the end it was lets ride on the good old carousel so that I can really feel like a princess in fantasyland.

No comments: