Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Birthday and good byes

This year was an interesting birthday. The Friday before my birthday my sister was sealed to her family in the Arizona Temple. I was so excited for them. I could not help but to cry as I sat there and watched them get sealed together and be a forever family. Paige and Cole were so cute. Chase and I could not help but to cry as we gave each other a hug. This has been well worth the fifteen year wait. Then we had a going away and a congratulation party for chase and his parents. I can not believe that Chase has now left to serve a two year mission for our church in the Kiev, Ukraine mission. I know that I have told him how proud I am that he has chosen to serve a mission. As the time got closer I realized how much I was going to miss him. He not only is my nephew but he is like my little brother and good friend. He and Jared are good buddies also. As I sat in the chapel and listen to him give his talk I realized that I was no longer looking at a cute boy but I was looking at a fine young man. I man that I hope that my son will emulate and follow in his foot steps.Sunday was my birthday. I do not think that I have ever cried so much on my birthday. Tears of happiness, sadness and hope for the future.
Hugs and Kisses
Brit

No comments: